One great part about the trip was that my plane had wheels up from a foot of snow in Dallas, and I landed in 80-degree LA weather. The sun was shining, and everyone knows I thrive in sun. I felt like I got my groove back.
I worked out with Richard Simmons, whom I've loved since I was a kid. Yes, he's a big caricature, but he is fabulous. You've got to give it to a man who is paid handsomely for just being himself.
So I'm having this amazing dinner with these beautiful, amazingly smart, talented, single black women. They live in LA. They all came to the city with dreams. They're living them out to an extent, but no one is making money. No one is thriving to the point they want to thrive. And they're at a crossroads of stay and keep fighting the fight; or throw in the towel and leave.
What a conundrum. I mean what do you do?? Do you keep fighting against all odds? Or do you accept that you've done the most you can do and it's time for a new dream? And if you settle for a new dream, will you ever be fulfilled?
I guess for me, I've got to just keep going after the dream. Whatever the dream is. It's my dream. God knows it. He placed it inside me. I have to trust that he will open the doors needed to fulfill it.
Keep pushing ladies.
No comments:
Post a Comment