I have been Dr. Ruth for my friends for as long as I remember. Since most of my life was spent in a relationship, and I have great friendships with men, my girls are often asking what they should do when it comes to matters of the heart.
I'll tell you like I tell them. It's so simple. Please be honest. Just be real. This whole thing is NOT for little girls. There's no time to be scared. There's no time to be afraid of what he will do or say when you tell him how you feel.
If you tell him how you feel, two things will happen:
1. He will respond favorably and tell you he feels the same way.
2. He will tell you he doesn't feel the same way by being blunt and upfront, disappearing, or changing the subject.
You have a 50-50 chance. It's a complete coin toss. Yes, No. 2 will hurt your feelings, but at least you will know the truth. You won't have wasted three months and countless of hours trying to decipher hidden messages in emails if you simply tell him how you feel. Yes it hurts, but if you find out sooner than later, it will be better in the long run.
Again, yes. It will hurt. But guess what. You will survive. On to the next. Or, you will know how to best stalk him into loving you in the future. :-)
Love. It's for big girls only. Are you ready to grow up?
No comments:
Post a Comment