That's what happens when you attend Florida A&M University. You meet some of the best and brightest minds from all over the country. Everyone is intelligent. Everyone is the ultimate hustler. And then there was me.
I'm smart, but lazy. I went to school on a full scholarship, but hated going to class. And then I met my friends. I realized, if I was going to be "worthy" enough for them to call me their friend, I better begin to apply myself. No one wants a dumb friend.
It worked. My friends being on top of their games, pushed me to stay on top of mine. And here we are now - grown, accomplished, fighters, brave, scared, changing, maneuvering, living.
So, what's up with my blog? This blog will be my random thoughts. I could talk about the goodness of Jesus, public relations tactics, or dating life as a big girl in Dallas. If it inspires me, I will write it.
I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm scared. I'm all these things because I don't have a filter. If I feel it, I feel it. I can't hide it. I can't deny it. I can't censor. So, you may get to know a little too much about me in this blog. But truly, I'm looking forward to it.
I say all the time that life and love are "for big girls only." Hence the name of the blog.
I look forward to the journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment