Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Miseducation of DeannaDivine

Yeah, I know it's been a month since I've updated. Yeah, I know.

But if you knew what my life has been like in the past month, you would understand that you can be too busy to blog about that life.

I did it. I've enrolled in school. I begin tomorrow. I just took a look at the syllabus, and all I know is I have no idea HOW I'm gonna do this. I can't begin to tell you how much reading is involved. Not only do I have to read, but I'm going to have to participate. I had to order 6 books! Woosah!

That's all I can say about that. I'm also enacting Operation Change My Life. I'm doing all the things I've wanted to do, but have been to scared, complacent, lazy, etc., to do. 

(By the way, no I don't include school in this Operation. I NEVER wanted to go back to school. But when you finally get a lightbulb to fire about what you think you wanna do when you grow up, you gotta move forward.)

So, Operation Change My Life. I cut my hair. I needed low maintenance. Easy, Breezy, Beautiful, for this next chapter. Up next is Lasik. Because I don't have time to be fooling with glasses for this next phase of my life. Gotta keep things moving. Don't need sweaty/fogged lenses. Working out. If for nothing else than to manage the stress. Gotta get it moving. Possibly a new city. Possibly a new job. Possibly a new boo. Possibly, possibly, possibly.

In this process, I'm learning a lot about myself. I'm learning that with faith, coupled with works, nothing is impossible. I'm learning that if I truly want something, I have everything I need to make it happen. I'm learning there will always be money, and there will always be debt, but the way I manage both is the key.

Needless to say, I'm learning a lot. At times I wonder what's stopped me all these years? But then again, I know I've arrived to these decisions right on time. God's timing is not ours. So I'm not beating myself up. I'm just flowing in the time that is now. Learning, loving and laughing along the way!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for school! I got Lasik a few years ago. It was actually pretty painless. The only thing is you can smell something burning and you realize that it's your eyeball! I know that just helped you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kellye. That totally helped. I was wondering where that smell was coming from...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I finally got caught up on your blog. A) Congrats on kicking the GRE's ass. B) Good for you for facing your fears and being pro-active. I hope I can do the same. C) I have so much respect for people doing the school/work combo, and I know you'll do well b/c you've already proven that you're a success story. D) You're so right about the bus thing. I really could use a damn bus right about now, so of course that's why none are coming my way. But ours will show up someday, I hope.

    ReplyDelete